In the mid-19th century Peter Goble gave a parcel of land in the small community of Goblesville for the purpose of building a church. The original structure was of log cabin style. This church became a member of the United Brethren denomination. A frame building was constructed late in the century when the original structure was outgrown. In 1902 this was replaced with a brick church. This brick structure was put into service as the education wing of the church when the church building gained a larger sancuary in 1980.